博客栏目停服公告
因网站改版更新,从9月1日零时起美国中文网将不再保留博客栏目,请各位博主自行做好备份,由此带来的不便我们深感歉意,同时欢迎 广大网友入驻新平台!
美国中文网
2024.8.8
(曾经应好友之请,翻译了这一英文诗。贴上来与各位共享,共勉,并请方家指正。――方方)
I Promise Myself... by Christian D. Larson《对自己的承诺》
To be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
坚强起来,不让任何事扰乱我内心的平静。
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person I meet.
让健康,快乐和富足,成为我和相遇之人谈论的话题。
To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
让所有的朋友感受到,他们都有自己可贵的价值。
To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.
凡事看到光明面,如此便可让我走向乐观。
To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the
best.
只让最美好的存于脑海,只为最美好的而奋斗,只期待着最美好的实现。
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
热情看待他人的成功,就像看待自己的一样。
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of
the future.
忘却以往的过失,寄望于将来的更大成就。
To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living
creature I meet.
永远带着愉快的表情,向所有生灵致以微笑。
To give so much time to improving myself that I have no time to criticize
others.
花更多时间提高自己,如此便可无暇去批评他人。
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too
happy to permit the presence of trouble.
让内心够强大而不去忧虑,够高贵而没有愤怒,够坚强而消除恐惧,够快乐去笑对烦扰。
To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud
words, but in great deeds.
用行动而不是语言,来向世界宣布,自己是多么的优秀。
To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true
to the best that is in me.
坚信只要真诚追求美好,世界将与我同在。(“坚信只要保持自己最美好的一面,世界将与我同在。”―网友白露为霜之译句。谢谢!)